Corporate and Securities
BLM&H is consistently ranked among leading U.S. corporate and securities practices. Ranging from large, multinational corporations to small, closely-held and startup companies, clients turn to our firm to advise them on complex business transactions, debt and equity financing, private securities offerings, recapitalizations, corporate governance, data protection and complex contract negotiations. Our corporate and securities lawyers assemble interdisciplinary teams with tax, benefits (ERISA and health/welfare), real estate, environmental, employment, litigation and intellectual property expertise so that we can deliver integrated and customized solutions for our clients’ most complex legal matters in ways that respect their values and advance their missions.
BLM&H is our ‘go-to’ law firm when we need experienced M&A counsel that can quickly pull together a deal team and help us negotiate and close a transaction. We highly value the firm’s ability to advise us on a range of matters from acquisitions and divestitures to corporate matters.
CEO of New York-Based Manufacturer of Injection Molding Products
- BLM&H represented a publicly traded (NYSE), multi-national financial services company in a bolt-on acquisition related to the company’s automated investment platform for registered investment advisers.
- BLM&H serves as outside general counsel to a family of software and services companies that provide baggage and lost item tracing on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform and lost item management services for airlines and other travel and hospitality services companies.
- BLM&H advised a New York-based injection molding manufacturer in the divestiture of its Mexico manufacturing operations to a global private equity firm based in France.
- BLM&H represented a Chicago-based private equity fund manager in connection with the organization of the fund focusing on investments in developing economy microfinance institutions.
- BLM&H advised a family owned, Atlanta-based plastics packaging manufacturer with 23 manufacturing facilities across the United States in connection with business succession planning and restructuring real estate holdings.
- BLM&H represented the shareholders of a stop-loss insurance services brokerage and consulting boutique in their sale of the company to a Chicago-based insurance conglomerate.
Board and Corporate Governance
Complex Contract Negotiation
Debt and Equity Financing
Mergers & Acquisitions
Private Securities Offerings
Technology and IP Licensing