BLM&H helps clients protect and develop the value of their intellectual property. Ranging from large companies and nonprofits with global intellectual property portfolios to small, closely held and startup companies, clients turn to our firm’s intellectual property lawyers to counsel them in all areas of trademark, copyright, trade secret, internet and false advertising law. Our intellectual property lawyers provide comprehensive clearance, registration and management of clients’ trademark and copyright portfolios, and represent clients in enforcement, disputes and litigation involving their intellectual property.
BLM&H thoroughly understands our goals and needs as a mission-driven organization that has been entrusted with valuable copyrights and trademarks. They provide insightful, practical advice and representation to protect our intellectual property assets in a manner that is consistent with our values and mission.
CFO of Global Nonprofit Organization
- BLM&H manages the worldwide intellectual property portfolio of a large, international nonprofit organization, which includes trademark registrations in the U.S. and dozens of other countries, as well as numerous copyrights. This organization has an international reach that includes more than 160 countries and 100 languages.
- BLM&H successfully defended a small, privately-held company in multiple actions for alleged trademark infringement brought by a multi-billion dollar, publicly traded company.
- BLM&H advised a national media organization on trademark matters relating to its name change and complete rebranding. The organization had operated under its original name for over 35 years prior to its rebranding, and nearly a half-million people engaged with its media every week.
- BLM&H represented a major franchise of cafes in a trademark dispute regarding alleged infringement of the well-known “I ♥ NY” trademark.
- BLM&H served as intellectual property counsel to the anonymous sponsor of the nationally prominent GodSpeaks® billboard campaign, through which sayings appeared on some 10,000 distinctive black and white billboards in 200 cities across America.
- BLM&H represented large nonprofit literary rights holder in negotiation of multinational publishing agreements.
Trademark and Copyright Registration
IP Enforcement and Litigation
Trademark and Copyright Licensing
IP Portfolio Management
Internet and Domain Names