Quincy guides mission-driven companies as they navigate complex commercial and corporate matters, including complex merger, sale, acquisition, and financing transactions; commercial agreements; corporate structure, governance, and risk management; exploitation and licensing of intellectual property; and employment matters. Clients value his business experience shaped by his experience as in-house counsel in the highly regulated healthcare industry.
Following graduation from law school, Quincy joined the in-house legal team of a multinational public company listed on the NASDAQ exchange, serving most recently as Senior Litigation and Regulatory Counsel and managing day-to-day litigation, as well as complex regulatory issues in the US, Canada, Europe, East Asia, and ANZAC regions. Quincy brings a practical approach and deep understanding of the objectives and opportunities that shape the decisions stakeholders across an organization must make on a daily basis. This hands-on experience plays out in his approach to advising clients on a wide range of considerations to leverage opportunities in complex commercial and corporate transactions, corporate governance and structure, intellectual property licensing, employment matters, and navigation of complex and changing regulatory environments.
Quincy developed deep skills and experience in all phases of litigating complex commercial and regulatory disputes, as well as managing the work and performance of outside counsel handling matters on behalf of the company. Quincy’s litigation experience touched on professional liability, products liability, antitrust, breach of contract, violation of electronic and telecommunication statutes, and breach of consumer protection and financing law in matters before state and federal courts, mediators, arbitrators, and administrative tribunals. Quincy also advised key stakeholders across the business and engaged with outside clinicians and their counsel on a wide range of issue areas including the use and development of new technology, data privacy and information security considerations, marketing and advertising copy, drafting and evaluating complex commercial agreements, questions around corporate structure, use of customer relationship management platforms, duties and obligations of healthcare providers, and consumer financing transactions. Quincy relies on this experience when engaging with clients and providing guidance tailored to the realities that leaders of organizations of all sizes and mission face when making decisions.
Quincy earned a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and French with a minor in Economics from Calvin University. While at Calvin, Quincy was admitted as an Honors Fellow and studied abroad during his junior year in Grenoble, France. He was a member of Calvin’s varsity baseball team and during his senior year, completed a life goal of finishing his first marathon. Quincy continued on to Vanderbilt University Law School where he earned his Juris Doctor with a Certificate of Specialization through Vanderbilt Law School’s Law and Business Program and was invited to be part of the Phi Delta Phi legal honor society.
When he is not at the office, you may find Quincy playing baseball or soccer, out for a run, reading, or testing a new recipe.
Worked as a legal intern at Experian Health reviewing and revising complex commercial agreements between Experian Health and its largest client healthcare systems and organizations.
Served four years in an in-house role at SmileDirectClub, a multinational oral care company publicly listed on the NASDAQ exchange. In this role Quincy acted to, among other things:
- Defend against putative class actions brought by plaintiffs alleging violations of federal and state telemarketing laws.
- Bring antitrust actions against three state regulatory boards, including one matter which settled with a consent order between the dental board and Federal Trade Commission.
- Bring a defamation action against a well-known public broadcast network.
- Defend civil litigation brought by an Attorney General’s Office alleging violation of consumer protection legislation.
- Advise the company on data privacy and data protection legislation and standards including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Australian Privacy Act of 1988 (The Privacy Act 1988), and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Illinois Biometric Privacy Act (BIPA), and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- Advise on matters involving the defense of professional liability actions before administrative tribunals.
- Serve as a member of the internal Policy Committee and Compliance Committee.
- Advise and draft internal company policies.
- Draft and revise agreements with customers and standard agreements for the company website; and
- Handle responses to subpoena and regulatory inquiries.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Vanderbilt University Law School Law and Business Certificate (2020)
Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Honor Roll (2014-2016)
Honors Fellow, Calvin University (2013)
Professional and Civic Activities
Quincy has been a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and Association of Corporate Counsel.
News & Insights
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School,
B.A., International Relations and French, Economics Minor, Calvin University